Any skin problem you have is troublesome but dry, cracking skin hurts. Instead of suffering through your issue, why not take our advice and spring into action by treating and moisturizing your dry skin? There are a number of things you can do today to help your condition.
Here’s what you need to do to prevent your skin from drying out and cracking:
- Moisturize according to your skin type. Choose a product that is intended for whatever type of skin you have. For example, if you tend to be sensitive to chemicals and fragrances, opt for something all-natural and unscented or lightly scented.
- Use a humidifier. The vapor provides you with added moisture making drying and cracking less likely. Make sure to fill it regularly according to the product’s directions to get the best use out of it.
- Skip hot showers. Opt for cooler water so you don’t dry out your skin and make it even more irritated. Choose a luxurious, creamy body wash with moisturizing properties and lather up.
- Use a lip scrub or toothbrush to take care of cracked lips. Gently brush away dry skin. Don’t apply too much pressure or you’ll cause an even bigger problem on your lips.
- Carry lip balm wherever you go. Make sure to slather a thick layer on when you have chapped lips. Be careful not to use a formula that causes your lips to burn. Some fragrances and medicated varieties of lip balm aren’t for everyone.
Dry, flaky skin looks unsightly and cracked skin hurts. Refrain from using products with harsh chemicals in them, make sure to hydrate from the inside out, and moisturize every chance you get. Use moisturizers that are chemical-free, all-natural and organic for best results. You don’t want to irritate your skin any more than it already is.