How to Choose the Right Moisturizer for Your Skin Type Posted on 14 Sep 12:27 , 0 comments
With fall fast approaching, it’s time to up the amount of moisturizing you do. To prevent skin from drying out, flaking or becoming red with irritation, you need to follow a few simple steps which are to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize regularly. It will prevent further damage to your skin as the cool winds of fall and winter blow in.
Here’s how to choose the right moisturizer for your skin type:
- Oily skin glistens even after it has been cleaned. If you have large pores and notice a lot of oil, you’ll want to use an oil-free moisturizer that ups the hydration levels in your skin and keeps the oils balanced.
- Dry skin is itchy, flaky, red, and tight. A moisturizer full of essential oils will do the trick. It helps restore moisture to the skin, and the oils fight inflammation so your face and body doesn’t look irritated and sore.
- Combination skin tends to show up in the face. Your T-zone is oily and cheeks are dry. Using two different types of moisturizer is ideal because your skin problems are dual. A heavy cream moisturizes cheeks well and an oil-free moisturizer on the T-zone is a necessity.
- Normal skin isn’t flaky or shiny. A normal moisturizer keeps the skin hydrated and one with essential oils makes the skin feel refreshed. Look for a natural moisturizer that is free of harsh chemicals for best results.
- Sensitive skin flares up easily. If you have acne or other blemishes, it’s because your skin is sensitive to chemicals. Choose a moisturizer that is oil-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic like the Maywood Creek Essentials Facial Moisturizer which is created in small batches to preserve the strength of its formula.
Choose the right moisturizer for your skin type. Keep in mind what types of things cause your face and body to break out. Avoid harsh chemicals that dry out your skin and make it feel like it’s irritated or itchy.