Five Surprising Ways You’re Drying Out Your Skin Posted on 28 Oct 11:18 , 0 comments
Colder weather wreaks havoc on the skin. It goes without saying that your skin care regimen changes in the fall and winter. What you might not know is this. The products that you use on a regular basis could very well be why your skin is as dry as it is.
Here are five ways you’re drying out your skin and not even knowing it:
- Your showers are too hot. Exceptionally warm water removes the natural oils from your skin and scalp. This makes it even more susceptible to cold weather conditions. If your skin is red and dry, cool things down temperature-wise in the shower.
- You’re using too much hand sanitizer. Although it’s a convenient way to avoid getting germs, most products contain alcohol which dry the skin on your hand and make your nails brittle. If you use them a lot, you’ll notice a difference in the way your hands look and feel.
- You’re slathering on the lip balm. Too much of a good thing can actually hurt you. This is certainly the case when the lip balm contains menthol and camphor which feel tingly but dry out your lips.
- Your hand lotion has too much fragrance in it. If you’re constantly reapplying the moisturizer, you’re actually hurting your hands, not helping them. It’s because you’re damaging the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- You’re soap has too much lather. It sounds crazy but surfactants can actually dry out skin instead of giving it relief. Keep that in mind when washing your hands in colder weather months.
Give your body the attention it deserves. Hydrate from the inside out by drinking plenty of water and using a creamy, all-natural moisturizer to nourish dry skin. Maywood Creek Facial Moisturizer is all-natural, handcrafted and organic. It provides healing for all skin types and helps with dryness and redness.