Five Steps to a Better Night Posted on 10 Oct 16:10 , 0 comments
If you have trouble sleeping well at night, there are some things you can do to help get you some shut-eye. One, of course, is to limit how much caffeine you consume throughout the day. It could very well be one of the biggest culprits keeping you from falling asleep.
Rest better at night by doing the following five things:
- Keep a strict bedtime. As difficult as this may be to do some days, try going to bed at the same time each evening. You’ll train your body and your brain to relax. Start preparing for bed at least thirty minutes before you retreat to your bedroom.
- Take a warm bath. Water is therapeutic. Warm water helps raise your body temperature which invites sleep. Bathe at night and sleep better than you have in a long time.
- Turn off electronic devices. Aside from the alarm clock, you shouldn’t be distracted by phones and tablets. The light from devices stimulates you and keeps you awake long past your bedtime. If you need something to do while trying to fall asleep, try reading an inspirational book.
- Use a leg pillow if you have back pain. It helps align your hips and reduce stress on your lower back. There are pillows on the market specifically designed for the legs. Buy one and try using it at night.
- Make sure you get enough exercise throughout the day. Don’t do it right before bedtime. All vigorous exercise should be done three to four hours prior to you going to sleep. You can, however, do simple stretches like those found in yoga or tai chi before hitting the hay.
A good night’s sleep is yours for the taking. When your body is relaxed, you have an easier time falling and staying asleep. If you haven’t yet explored the benefits of a warm bath at bedtime, it’s high time you did so. We provide you with all the tools needed for a relaxing soak in the tub.
Adjust your bath pillow, pour in some bath salts, and inhale the sweet fragrance of our all-natural bubble bath. You’re going to have no trouble falling asleep tonight or the rest of the week, for that matter, as long as you follow the advice listed here. It’ll be lights out for you the minute your head hits the pillow.