Five New Beauty Habits to Adopt in 2017
Along with a new year comes many opportunities to thrive. If you’ve spent the past year running at a frenzied pace, you’ll welcome some downtime to rest and recharge your batteries. Rather than wait for the time to be right, why not start introducing small changes into your current beauty routine? Before you know it, you’ll start benefitting from the little adjustments that you’ve made.
Here are five new beauty habits to adopt for 2017:
- Take really good care of your skin. This means cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing it. Stop sleeping in your make-up, leaving the house without sunscreen on or paying attention to the differences you see in your skin’s appearance and texture.
- Get enough rest. Even if you have a demanding schedule, make time to rest adequately. If you don’t, you’ll be worse for the wear. Your performance at work will be off, you’ll misplace things you need at home, and you’ll forget about important obligations and appointments.
- Drink lots of water. Many people prefer other beverages over water. Do your best to up your intake of H2O. Not only is it virtually free, it helps improve alertness and mental clarity. Flush out impurities from your skin by drinking a big glass of water first thing in the morning and throughout the rest of your day.
- Tame your wild brows. Use a good pair of tweezers to take care of unwanted hair. Don’t overpluck your brows. Instead, learn how to shape them carefully so they look good year round.
- Learn to enjoy a good soak in the tub. Sprinkle some bath salts in the water, adjust your bath pillow so it’s comfortable for you to lay back on, and enjoy the soothing sensation of a long, hot bath. It’s a great way to alleviate stress and also invite better sleep into your life. If you have a tendency to have trouble falling or staying asleep, a bath before bed helps.
There are a number of ways to look and feel beautiful. Give yourself the gift of self-care for 2017. Your body, mind, and soul will flourish because of the changes that you’ve made.
Leave a comment