Five Bad Skin Care Habits You Need to Give Up Right Away Posted on 20 Jan 12:02 , 0 comments
The body’s largest organ is the skin. It serves many purposes in addition to protecting your muscles, tendons, veins, bones, and vital organs from injury, illness, and UV radiation. It also serves as a barrier to water which is why it has a tendency to absorb oils better than it does H2O.
How well do you care for your skin? Do you have some bad habits that you’d like to break? If you do, you’re not alone.
Many men and women have room for improvement when it comes to caring for their skin. They either neglect it entirely or spend too much time tanning it. If this sounds like you, it’s time to change your ways.
Here are five bad habits that you do to your skin:
- Going to bed in your makeup. For as much time as you put into making yourself up, you should spend equal time removing your makeup at night.
- Not cleansing and moisturizing your face daily. Use Maywood Creek Essentials Rose Clay Facial Cleanser or Organic Face Cleanser in Citrus Herb daily to remove dirt, makeup, and impurities from your face.
- Spending time outdoors without sunscreen. It doesn’t matter how used to the sun you are, you should always give your skin ample protection by choosing the right SPF for you.
- Taking too hot of showers or baths. Although it feels good, hot water is very drying and requires a lot of moisturizing.
- Not exfoliating properly. You’ve got to address that dry skin regularly to keep it from looking and feeling bad.
Are you guilty of going to bed with a full face of makeup on? Do you rush out the door without thinking about sunscreen or applying foundation with SPF in it? When was the last time you used a loofah or brush to exfoliate your body?
It’s time to put some effort into your skin care routine!