5 Ways to Combat Holiday Stress Posted on 30 Nov 16:52 , 0 comments
Along with the joy of the holidays comes unnecessary stress. It often feels like there is so much to do and so little time to do it. Instead of fretting about what hasn’t gotten done, why not relax so you can enjoy the festivities more? There is no better time for some much-needed self-care than now.
Here are five ways to combat holiday stress:
- Rest when your body tells you to stop. You cannot run yourself ragged and expect to remain healthy throughout the holidays. Take time to rest whenever you can for however long you need to. It will keep you energized and ready for the task at hand.
- Schedule something fun to do by yourself each week. You’ll need to keep your spirits high to keep up with frenzy of activity. Find something you don’t get a chance to do often and make some time for it. You’ll feel relaxed and rejuvenated when you do.
- Learn to say no when it’s something you cannot reasonably do. At first, it seems really odd to do but it will save your sanity. Don’t take on more than you can reasonably handle or you’ll burn out quickly. You need that extra energy to bake cookies and wrap presents.
- Make sure to eat right, exercise, and take your vitamins. Take good care of your physical health. You don’t want to get sick in the middle of the holiday rush. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein. Get some walking in, too. Don’t forget to take your vitamins like you always do because you’ll need the added minerals and nutrients.
- Drink plenty of water so that you remain hydrated and ready to go. Water helps you eat less by making you feel full faster. It also cleanses the body by flushing impurities out of it. Make sure that you drink plenty H2O by carrying a bottle with you wherever you go.
Combat holiday stress by exercising some of the tips listed above. You, too, can have a stress-free holiday season by indulging in some self-care. Pamper yourself with a holiday shopping spree to Castle Rock Essential Products online.